Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Battle Report 01: Warming up with Heavy Metal (Ramah Vs. Corregidor)

Hello, this is Tanako Skyler bringing a new blog that I hope I plan to stick with now. Ideally this is going to be mostly used to write up my batreps, but also wax poetic about the game I love to play, Infinity. Though here, I plan to write up a game I had on the Saturday of the 20th of August, 2022. The game was playing Frostbyte, against a Corregidor opponent who was playing in person after a few months of not playing outside his home if I recall correctly.

Lists:


Ramah Task Force:

The list I am playing is what I am planning to use for a store tournament this Saturday, in which is going to be used mostly for Frostbyte. I may make some changes if needed, but for the most part I am happy with this considering that Frostbyte is a mission that kind of requires you to lean into Heavy Infantry or Tags as your primary method of scoring the zone. 

Corregidor Jurisdictional Command


This is a recreation of my opponent's list, but this is more of one he had on hand for a casual game and coming to have fun. In all honestly, I think it is a fun and non-meta list, leaning into Bandits. However, this is not one definitely suited for Frostbyte and would need a massive overhaul in my opinion. 


Deployment: 

So I won the Initative Roll, electing to go first. The reasoning behind this is that Ramah in my opinion does good if you get an Alpha strike to gut your opponent's order pool, but because this list cannot really play defensively. As well if I managed to get my Jannisary Haris to the middle, I was of the belief he'd have little to shift it from that position. 

So I set up my Shakush+Leila Duo on the left flank to strike there if he sets up in that manner. Then the main Jannisary haris more centered to grab the central console and turn on one of my heaters. Set up along my deployment zone was my Ghulams, both of which were the potential LT and could shell game. Then I put my left flash pulse prone, the right one along the back to watch for any airborne I thought he might have with a TR to cover the extreme right for anything wanting to come down that lane. Then I put my Najjrun Engineer prone but close to the TR bot and the helper bot close to where the Shakush was and my free biker next to my LT until it could roll up to a better position.  I chose my held back as Carmen and Batard. 

My opponent then set up a Jaguar core team along his left side with his TR bot seeing mine, then a camo marker with what would be one of his two Bandit KHDs deployed forward. Then on his right he deployed his Aguaciles and Mobile Brigada Missile Launcher though unlinked. I had asked if he wanted to link if I remember and decided not to. In that general area he deployed his second Bandit KHD along with his Intruder KHD. His free bike then deployed close to his models to potentially make a run but was quite exposed. His held back was the Intruder Sniper. 

My held back went down then was Carmen and Batard, deployed to run up the open lane and hopefully drop this LT. Then his held back was dropped. The game then begins. 

Round 1

Ramah Turn 1:

With very few models standing out in the open for AROs, Carmen spends her impetuous order and begins to speed towards my opponents deployment zone. With the next order or two, I managed to get into line of sight of one of the paramedics. I win the engagement but the paramedic passes it armor saves, then Carmen continues her attack run into the sight of my opponents other Aguaciles (both the LT and Paramedic), both his camo state Intruder and Bandit, linked Jaguar Panzerfaust and Intruder sniper. Since the one Aguacile paramedic was still standing, I sent one of my chain rifle bursts into it and the camo markers, and then the other template went into both the obvious Aguacil LT and other Paramedic. Both the LT and the Paramedic on Carmen's left made their dodges, but the other paramedic died and the Bandit KHD went unconscious. Carmen died to the revealed Intruder Sniper and Jaguar Panzerfaust. While it did not kill the main intended target, it did drop a few of his models he could use in the next turn while also revealing his Intruder Sniper. 

The Jannisary team then moves out after the free bike bounty hunter moves to a better position. The Jannisary HMG engages his Intruder KHD through the Blizzard zone, but the Intruder KHD dodges away though downed his Motorized Bounty Hunter. Then the HMG went for the Intruder Sniper, which dropped him easily. Then the rest of the turn was spent turning on the heater in the deployment zone, with the Shakush and Leila Sharif moving into position next turn. 

Corregidor Turn 1:

While there was some damage to my opponent's order pool, he managed to medikit his down Bandit KHD and takes the time to recamo his Bandit. The Bandit on his left size then went on a run for his left-side console but got discovered by my Motorized Bounty Hunter. He does recamo, then continues his advance to the console and manages to get it before he dies to the Red Fury. He hits up his dead zone. His Jaguar team then moves up, throws smoke to cover the advance of the TR bot. 

Once my opponent finished that order pool, he spends a command token to move the three remaining Aguaciles and the Mobile Brigada ML. The Aguacile HMG engaged the Warcor, but nothing had come from the exchange. Outside of this, most of the turn went on with just repositioning and setting up the next turn for him. 


Round 2:

Ramah Turn 2:


Realizing I had put my Jannisary doctor in a bad position, and decided to go for a longbomb shot with my TR bot against my opponent's TR bot. While it is a literal coin flip, I wanted to do to also repair it to score my Test Run classified if it does not go in my favor. In which my TR goes unconscious but is out of line of fire of my opponent's TR bot. Which the engineer manages to repair it and that is all of group two's orders.

So I went for the ballsy play to move my Janissary Haris with the HMG as the lead. What I didn't expect was the Jaguar Panzerfaust that was still fully loaded would have line of sight, which made me panic and decide to dodge with the whole team instead of shooting with the HMG. In this situation what I should have done instead is fired with my Janissary HMG like I originally planned or have the Doctor be the link leader and make it the face to face even with bad odds.
During this time, I switched with the Shakush Duo during some orders, engaging his group of models be had guarding the flank. The Shakush managed to kill a Aguacile HMG and put a wound on the Missile Mobile Brigade. The turns ends with the Shakush back in cover to guard the flank and Leila in Cybermask to protect herself from the opposing killer hackers.

Corregidor Turn 2:

So a bit of a spoiler, this would be the last turn that my opponent would do anything of note but he managed to start up his last heater with his Bandit KHD before it dies to Leila's Trinity attacks. Then his Jaguar team moves up, repositions and defends his area from a push from my turn. 


Round 3:

Ramah Turn 3:
Needing the final push, the Shakush took on the Brigada Missile Launcher and finally put it down. The climbing up the building, the Shakush then took out his Aguacile LT and then his Intruder KHD. Leila then goes to the console, turns on the last Heater and the turn ends with me scoring the capture classified and holdkng the middle.

The final score as 9-3 as my opponent did manage to do all three of his classifieds.

Final Thoughts

While there are some things I could have done differently, I think the list for the most part done well. This was my third time playing Frostbyte in a two week period and expect to play it on our local game night as well as the aforementioned store tournament on Saturday. My opponent was definitely fun to play and was glad to see him after a long time. 

In the meantime I'll have a tournament write up from this weekend coming up once that is done, and then plan to play vanilla Haqqislam for a while on top of trying the updated Hassassins.


No comments:

Post a Comment

August Store Tournament Report and General Thoughts on Reinforcements

So I've been kind of lacking in posts, and it's mostly due to trying the new Reinforcements rules and focusing on hobby projects for...